Keto Ginger-Bread Cookies
*For crispier/thinner cookies make 10 smaller ones.
*For softer/thicker cookies make 5 large ones.
- 2 tbsp vitafiber syrup (30g) (You can find this at Vitafiber.ca for Canadians or www.vitafiberimo.com for US, current black Friday sale going on!!)
- 2 tsp salted butter, softened
- 2 tsp (13g) blackstrap molasses (OR Yacon Syrup)
- 2 tsp(10g) egg whites
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup Almond flour (120g)
- 3 1/2 tbsp splenda (OR another sweetener that measures like sugar)
- 1/2 tsp truvia
- 1/16 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/8 tsp cloves
- Optional: Sugar-Free Chocolate chips, icing or other decorations!
- Pre-heat oven to 350*F
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Combine all wet ingredients in another separate bowl.
- Mix all ingredients together until a dough ball can be formed with your hands.
- Place the dough in saran wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Roll out the dough on a surface covered with parchment paper.
- Cut into desired shapes and place on a baking sheet also lined with parchment
- Add toppings, if using, and bake for 7min (8 min for larger ones). These WILL firm up more out of the oven so be careful not to over-bake.
- Cool completely on a wire rack and add icing if you’d like!
-If you want the parchment to stay still, wet the counter just slightly underneath.
-Freeze dough for 15min instead of waiting an hour in the fridge
Per Serving: 6.5F/4C(NET)/3P & 3g Fibre (*Double the macros if making 5 large*)
Follow: @sammysamgirl for more!
Sunday 10th of September 2017
these were really delicious as written. I doubled the spices on my first try—which is reflected in the ingredient list) and used Ideal brown, Swerve, and Sukrin Gold as the sweeteners. In spite of all that, they still had a little bit of the cooling effect of the erythritol. After adding a bit of salt to the baked and cooled cookies, that seemed to calm it down.I did sprinkle the cookies with a little Sukrin gold and cinnamon—next time will try tagatose+cinnamon.