It’s that time of year..the end of October means bye Halloween, bye fall, bye pumpkin spice…and HELLO CHRISTMAS COOKIES, SNOWMEN, ELVES AND HOT CHOCOLATE.
But with that said, I thought I’d wave one last goodbye to our lovely pumpkin spice season (this is not at all because I had an extra can of pumpkin puree I needed to use up..) So without further ado, here is our last official pumpkin recipe of the 2018 year. I hope you enjoy! Continue reading “Keto Pumpkin Chocolate-Chip Muffins”
Well, here I am again with yet another pumpkin recipe…and yet another truffle recipe. I honestly love the ease of not having to bake dessert. No-bake is the WAY TO GO when you are as lazy as I am.
These little things are tasty, not difficult to put together and are a life-savour when it comes to drowning in Halloween treats full of carbs and sugar and other scary ingredients…(see what I did there? 😉 )
They are not overly sweet and are the perfect balance between soft and crunchy with the delicious cheesecake style filling and chocolate-coconut coating on the outside!
I hope you enjoy them as much as we did! Continue reading “Keto No-Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake Truffles”
Halloween is one of my favourite times of the year for several reasons…
- I get to dress up and use my creative skills to create make-up looks I’d NEVER wear normally.
- I get to bake all sorts of fun and cool looking desserts..
- I get to hand out candy (I love seeing all the kids in their costumes!) and…
- It’s always right around my birthday!
So with that in mind, I was inspired to create the PERFECT cake for those people who have October birthdays or for those just looking to bring something delicious and keto-friendly to their next Halloween get-together! Did I mention it’s also super easy to put together and tastes like fudgey-chocolatey-cheesecake happiness? If you don’t believe me..give it shot for yourself!
Cream Cheese Layer:
- 1 8oz block of cream cheese, softened
- 1 tbsp truvia (or 2 tbsp splenda or swerve)
- 3 tbsp splenda or swerve (or more to taste)
- 1 egg
- 1/8th tsp vanilla extract
- Orange food colouring as needed
- Pre-heat oven to 350*F
- In a large bowl, combine all of your dry ingredients for the brownie layer.
- Add your eggs, coconut oil and vanilla and mix until well combined. Fold in your chocolate-chips if using, and set aside.
- In another large bowl, beat together the ingredients for the cream cheese layer. Add your food colouring as desired and beat again.
- Grease a cake pan with butter or coconut oil and then use a spatula to scrape the brownie mixture into the pan, reserving a few tablespoons of the brownie mixture for topping.
- Use your spatula to smooth the brownie batter into place and then pour your cream cheese mixture on top.
- Gently smooth your cream cheese mixture over the brownie mixture.
- Next drop spoonfuls of the brownie batter on top and swirl into the cream cheese batter(this doesn’t have to be perfect!)
- Bake at 350* for roughly 25min or until a toothpick comes out clean and the top layer forms small cracks/is set.
- Let cool on a wire rack for 5-10min and then place in the fridge for AT LEAST an hour before slicing and serving.
- Enjoy!! (Store covered in the fridge)
Nutrition per 1/8th of cake: 320cals| 30g of fat | 1.4g of NET carbs | 8g of protein | 3.4g of fibre
(You could easily cut this into smaller slices for half the calories, it is very filling!)
Super easy to put together, only takes a minute to bake and can be defined as the ultimate keto comfort food. Who doesn’t love a good chocolate-chip cookie?!
Continue reading “Microwave Keto Chocolate Chip Cookie”
These baked donuts were fantastic! They are super soft and moist with a sweet, light pumpkin flavour. A perfect fall breakfast treat.
Continue reading “Keto Chocolate Pumpkin Donuts”
This cake is super moist, soft, fluffy and delicious. You’d never know it wasn’t loaded with sugar.
Don’t be afraid by the ingredient list, this cake is actually VERY simple to make and requires little effort on your part. It’s best served the next day so if you don’t mind a little waiting time..it’s definitely worth it.
Continue reading “Low-Carb Cinnamon Roll Cake”
LOW CARB PIZZA
I literally cannot express how EXCITED I am to share this low-carb pizza.
I have spent hours, days, weeks, months..TRYING to come up with the perfect versatile low-carb dough recipe.
I have wasted countless bags of almond flour, coconut flour, yeast packets, olive oil…you name it.
But today, knowing it was all worth it, I have ZERO regrets.
Continue reading “THE GREATEST LOW CARB PIZZA OF ALL-TIME-Yeast Risen”
PERFECT KETO CREPES
These Perfect Keto Crepes are so simple to make and are extremely versatile.
You can use them as a sandwich “wrap”, taco shells (cook thinner and crisper ones), enchilada wraps or just as they are; crepes, sweet or savoury!
I hope you enjoy them! They are based off of a recipe we used to use when I worked at a french bakery…just slightly lower-carb 😉
They really are perfect crepes!
Continue reading “Perfect Keto Crepes”
These scones are inspired by a certain French bakery I used to work at. We baked bacon cheddar onion scones off daily and they were alway one of my favourites. This low-carb version is so close to the original, it’s hard to believe they are healthy! Anyways..I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.
Continue reading “Low-Carb Cheddar Bacon Onion Scones(Gluten-Free)”
I am honestly so impressed with how SIMPLE these keto cinnamon sugar donuts are to make, yet how perfect they turn out every time!
This recipe is ideal for 1-2 people. The donuts are not only tasty but they are very filling and full of protein and fibre to keep you full for hours!
Some Ingredients I’d like to Highlight:
- Almond & Coconut Flour – I use the Kirkland Costco brand of almond flour (I buy it in bulk on Amazon or at Costco itself occasionally) and this brand of coconut flour for this recipe. As I’ve noted in many of my past recipes, the brand of almond and coconut flour can affect the final outcome of the recipe because absorbency can vary depending on how the flour has been processed.
- Vital Wheat Gluten – If you have questions about why I include this ingredient, I wrote an entire article on what it is and why I use Vital Wheat Gluten on my keto diet! I also included where to buy it, how many carbs it contains..and how to use it in different kinds of baking.
- Truvia – I know use a monkfruit/erythritol blend in place of Truvia because I prefer the taste and it’s a bit more keto friendly! I use the SoNourished brand and it’s great!
Continue reading “The AMAZING 10min Keto Cinnamon Sugar Donuts”