KETO CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
MAN. These cookies are good.
I originally made keto chocolate chip cookies a few years back (you can find the recipe here) and those were GREAT.
But that recipe was more of a crispier cookie that spread more..
I hadn’t quite got the texture right yet and was still playing around with the type and ratio of low-carb flour I used.
BUT THESE ONES. I feel like I have finally opened the gates to chocolate heaven. Continue reading “Chewy Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies”
KETO CANDY CANE SHORTBREAD COOKIES
I feel like these keto candy cane shortbread cookies don’t need much explanation. If you’ve ever seen a tray of Christmas cookies..at least in my family, these are usually ALWAY in the mix.
I love the look and taste of these cute cookies. These are honestly probably the BEST keto shortbread cookies I’ve made to date (and let me tell you, I’ve made a lot). They are a little more tedious to put together but they are so worth the effort! (Although, if you are feeling lazy, these also make a great shortbread base to standard cookies as well!) Continue reading “Keto Candy Cane Shortbread Cookies”
Perfect Keto Shortbread Cookies
Here we go again with another Christmas cookie recipe!
Perfect Keto Shortbread Cookies!
This time it’s starting to feel more appropriate, considering today we received our first snowfall of the year! It’s still only early November but I’m already ready to bring out the hot chocolate and start listening to some Michael Buble and Mariah Carey, haha. Continue reading “Perfect Keto Shortbread Cookies”
It’s that time of year..the end of October means bye Halloween, bye fall, bye pumpkin spice…and HELLO CHRISTMAS COOKIES, SNOWMEN, ELVES AND HOT CHOCOLATE.
But with that said, I thought I’d wave one last goodbye to our lovely pumpkin spice season (this is not at all because I had an extra can of pumpkin puree I needed to use up..) So without further ado, here is our last official pumpkin recipe of the 2018 year. I hope you enjoy! Continue reading “Keto Pumpkin Chocolate-Chip Muffins”
Well, here I am again with yet another pumpkin recipe…and yet another truffle recipe. I honestly love the ease of not having to bake dessert. No-bake is the WAY TO GO when you are as lazy as I am.
These little things are tasty, not difficult to put together and are a life-savour when it comes to drowning in Halloween treats full of carbs and sugar and other scary ingredients…(see what I did there? 😉 )
They are not overly sweet and are the perfect balance between soft and crunchy with the delicious cheesecake style filling and chocolate-coconut coating on the outside!
I hope you enjoy them as much as we did! Continue reading “Keto No-Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake Truffles”
Halloween is one of my favourite times of the year for several reasons…
- I get to dress up and use my creative skills to create make-up looks I’d NEVER wear normally.
- I get to bake all sorts of fun and cool looking desserts..
- I get to hand out candy (I love seeing all the kids in their costumes!) and…
- It’s always right around my birthday!
So with that in mind, I was inspired to create the PERFECT cake for those people who have October birthdays or for those just looking to bring something delicious and keto-friendly to their next Halloween get-together! Did I mention it’s also super easy to put together and tastes like fudgey-chocolatey-cheesecake happiness? If you don’t believe me..give it shot for yourself!
Cream Cheese Layer:
- 1 8oz block of cream cheese, softened
- 1 tbsp truvia (or 2 tbsp splenda or swerve)
- 3 tbsp splenda or swerve (or more to taste)
- 1 egg
- 1/8th tsp vanilla extract
- Orange food colouring as needed
- Pre-heat oven to 350*F
- In a large bowl, combine all of your dry ingredients for the brownie layer.
- Add your eggs, coconut oil and vanilla and mix until well combined. Fold in your chocolate-chips if using, and set aside.
- In another large bowl, beat together the ingredients for the cream cheese layer. Add your food colouring as desired and beat again.
- Grease a cake pan with butter or coconut oil and then use a spatula to scrape the brownie mixture into the pan, reserving a few tablespoons of the brownie mixture for topping.
- Use your spatula to smooth the brownie batter into place and then pour your cream cheese mixture on top.
- Gently smooth your cream cheese mixture over the brownie mixture.
- Next drop spoonfuls of the brownie batter on top and swirl into the cream cheese batter(this doesn’t have to be perfect!)
- Bake at 350* for roughly 25min or until a toothpick comes out clean and the top layer forms small cracks/is set.
- Let cool on a wire rack for 5-10min and then place in the fridge for AT LEAST an hour before slicing and serving.
- Enjoy!! (Store covered in the fridge)
Nutrition per 1/8th of cake: 320cals| 30g of fat | 1.4g of NET carbs | 8g of protein | 3.4g of fibre
(You could easily cut this into smaller slices for half the calories, it is very filling!)
Super easy to put together, only takes a minute to bake and can be defined as the ultimate keto comfort food. Who doesn’t love a good chocolate-chip cookie?!
Continue reading “Microwave Keto Chocolate Chip Cookie”
These baked donuts were fantastic! They are super soft and moist with a sweet, light pumpkin flavour. A perfect fall breakfast treat.
Continue reading “Keto Chocolate Pumpkin Donuts”