Alrightyyyy soo, just wanted to share a dessert that is something you can make when you really want to indulge but still feel good about it…I’m not going to lie and say it’s low calorie but I can tell you one thing..IT’S WORTH IT. So save some room in your macros or just throw your macros out the window all together for one night just to enjoy this warm chocolatey, rich, peanutbuttery little bowl of amazingness….
P.S Did I mention this is almost 100% paleo?
Serves 1 (or 2 if you can resist eating the entire thing)
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp PB2
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- dash of salt
- 1/2 tbsp Truvia sweetener plus more to taste (could sub another granulated sweetener)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 ripe mashed banana
- 2 tbsp egg whites
- 1 tbsp unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 tbsp white chocolate PB & Co peanut butter (or just regular peanut butter)(this is optional but highly recommended!!)
- 0.25 ounce almonds (about 5 almonds chopped)
1 tbsp PB2 mixed w/ 2 drops vanilla extract, dash of sweetener & enough water to become “pourable”
Directions: Spray a medium microwavable bowl/ramekin with pam or olive oil spray and combine all dry ingredients then add in wet ingredients and stir until batter is smooth(add your sweetener last so you can see how much is necessary!). Heat your White chocolate or regular peanut butter in the microwave for a few seconds then swirl it into your batter. Place in the microwave for about 1min and 30 sec. or longer if needed (although you don’t want to overbake this! You actually just want the top cooked but the bottom a little undercooked so it’s extra goey and delicious!). Once finished, top with your PB2, dig in and devour! Enjoy!!
Nutrition Facts: LIMITLESS.
Okay..okay..just kidding, for those who just haveee to know..
Nutrition Facts for entire recipe w/ peanut butter: 533 calories, 38g fat, 34g carbs, 18g protein, 9g fibre
Nutrition Facts for entire recipe w/o peanut butter: 443 calories, 31g fat, 28g carbs, 15g protein, 8.5g fibre
Good morning! So guys, as you may know I know follow the IIFYM way of eating and it works amazing for me! But what you also should know is that fibre is an extremely important part of this diet! You cannot leave it out. So, if you are finding it hard to fit in your fibre for the day while still eating tasty food, here is a simple breakfast that packs 13-14g of fibre/ bowl! Each bowl only contains 234 calories! It also contains 8g of protein! It will keep you feeling full for long! It also is so great tasting that it won’t be a challenge to finish the whole bowl!
-1/4 cup dry quick oats
-2/3 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
-1/2 tbsp ground flax
-2 drops stevia sweetener(or another sweetener to taste)
-1/4 tsp vanilla extract
-1/2 tsp cinnamon or to taste! + more for topping(I estimate)
-14g or half a serving of bran buds cereal
-1 tbsp crushed pecans(53 calories worth, I measure using a scale!)
-3 tbsp blueberries
-2 medium strawberries chopped
Directions: Combine oats and almond milk in a bowl and microwave for 2:20mins, it should come out a bit runny but not to fear, this is what we want! Now stir in the flax, vanilla, cinnamon and stevia. Next pour in your bran buds and crushed pecans, stir until combined, top with fruit, additional cinnamon and a sprinkle of sweetener(optional). As you serve, the bran buds will have begun to soak up some of the liquid making the oatmeal thick and delicious! Perfection! If you want to really get fancy and add more fibre..add a few raisins on top!
Hey guys! oh my gosh, It feels like it’s been forever since I have posted! I have just been so busy with school, friends and everything else that I haven’t had any time! I have felt so bad about not posting because I promised a new post on this like a week ago… Anyways I am glad to say I am finally getting around to it! I want to share with you guys the BEST “diet” more like lifestyle..on the planet!! I have never been happier with what I am eating and I have found such a perfect balance between health and enjoying life..it’s amazing so I want all of you to be able to find that balance as well! So..
Have you ever heard of IIFYM? If not..it stands for “If It Fits Your Macros”. You can probably research into the details of this because there are many forums explaining the topic further, but basically it means you can eat ANY foods as long as they fit into your macros for the day. This includes..ice cream, cookies, cakes, pizza etc. you name it! BUT, haha yes there is a catch. I am not telling you to go out like a crazy person and eat every piece of junk food in site. As well, you try eating at least 100g of protein in junk food like chips/cookies, it’s not easy! So instead, how this diet is suggested to be used is like so.. Read More!
Sweet potato fries & a huge avocado tuna salad for dinner!
Hey guys! Sorry for the lack of posts lately! I have been slacking off a bit with my blog due to the fact that I am trying to get my own eating habits and workouts in check. I think I’ve finally got it figured out! So..I have been trying to gain weight for a while but I have a hard time putting it on(high metabolism!). So lately I have started to count calories again for a bit just to make sure I am getting enough each day because it’s very important to me to not under eat! I have also stopped almost any form of cardio. The only cardio I am doing is 20 minutes of steady running on the treadmill (5.0-5.5mph) one day a week. It’s working really well! I love weight training so this works well for me. My current 5 day split + cardio is:
- Monday – Chest + Back + Abs + TVA(Planks for 1:30, 1 min, 50sec, 30sec with a small rest in-between each)
- Tuesday – Biceps + Triceps + Shoulders + Calfs
- Wednesday – Quadriceps + Hamstrings + TVA(Planks for 1:30, 1 min, 50sec, 30sec with a small rest in-between each)
- Thursday – Chest + Back + Abs + Calfs
- Friday – OFF
- Saturday – Biceps + Triceps + Shoulders + TVA(Planks for 1:30, 1 min, 50sec, 30sec with a small rest in-between each)
- Sunday – 20 min run(Treadmill)
My schedule seems a little weird because I have friday off then I workout saturday but that’s just because Friday always seems to be my busiest night haha. Anyways so my diet has changed, I take in about 1700-1750 calories a day at the moment but I am planning on increasing it as I increase the weight I am lifting. But so far it’s working since in a week I have measured myself multiple times on an empty stomach and I’ve gained about 0.7 pounds. That’s pretty good for a week. I am getting stronger too I have noticed. My new workouts are a lot more demanding and last anywhere from 30min-1 hour. Although I still recommend my past workouts (10-20min) for anyone! They really are great! But I am more focussed on putting on muscle mass at the moment so I am trying to steer away from my old more cardio based workouts for now. So overall I am just trying to eat more, lift more and worry less about every little detail. I feel much happier with where I am at!
P.S: ALL MY WORKOUTS ARE STILL DONE AT HOME. No gym for me 😉
Ready for my next post? I will be discussing “IIFYM” and my personal views on it as well as my current macros and a more in-depth view of my diet. Stay posted!
Heyy everyone who is still awake! haha another late post, I always end up doing my workout really late at night then eating my post-workout snack while doing a post or two for the blog. Turns out today isn’t a recipe but instead I thought I would let you all know what I do to keep in shape. I wanted to also go over a huge myth and something that annoys me very much about people’s views on working out! Keep reading if you are interested. 🙂 continue reading..
These tips are quick, simple and you can do most of them just about anywhere, everyday! Get ready to rev your metabolism.
1. FIDGET! This is literally a form of exercise classified under the name Non-Exercise Activity Thermogenesis(NEAT) I don’t care where you are, what your doing..just move in some way! Tap your foot or your fingers, wiggle your toes,move up and down on the balls of your feet. move around in your chair, pace if standing and waiting, don’t sit still! Just doing these small movements can burn anywhere from 200-350 calories extra every day just by fidgeting!
2.Eat Breakfast. I know this sounds like it is the opposite of what you should be doing but believe me! Your body has been fasting all night and needs calories to sort of wake it up again. By eating a healthy balanced breakfast in the morning you are revving your body’s metabolism and giving it the energy it needs to start the day! On the other hand, if you do not eat breakfast, your metabolism will begin to slow down resulting in less calories burned plus your are more likely to eat more at lunch!
3. Have good posture. Sit up straight during the day! You ab muscles will thank-you! By sitting up straight your are working your core throughout the day. For an additional muscle boost, flex your ab muscles whenever possible. Just by flexing and holding, you are giving your abs a mini workout! This can help with definition.
4. Chew sugar-free gum. Personally I am already a gum addict so this is no problem for me haha but gum is known to burn a small amount of calories per day if chewed regularly as well as help to depress hunger. Also, did you know gum is recommended to help you relax during a test or to help your memorize information? This is because more blood is pumped to your heart to support the chewing action. Lastly! Gum can help to define your jaw if chewed often and overall it just tastes great :).
5. Drink Green-Tea. Green Tea has many healthy benefits, one being an increase in metabolism. Thus, your body burns more calories if you drink it on a regular basis.
So there you go! 5 simple quick steps you can do everyday to improve your health. Just don’t forget the essentials of proper eating habits and exercise are important if you are really looking to shape up!