For the forever hungry and never-full dieters of the world.
This one's for you.
If you aren't full after eating this, then I would be extremely shocked. If this fills me up, it will fill you, trust me!
The Endless Protein “Ice Cream”
Serves: 1 (or 2 as a snack/dessert)
- 85g ice (about 10 mini ice cubes)
- 140g (about 1 cup) frozen berries (strawberries work best but you can also do any mixture of berries including blueberries, raspberries, blackberries and even banana!)
- 1 cup(240g) unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 cup(60g) raw PASTEURIZED egg whites (comes in a box-Don't leave these out! You won't taste them, I promise)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 scoop(28g) Cellucor Molten Chocolate
or Cellucor Butter Marshmallow Whey
(or another chocolate or peanut butter protein)
- 2 tbsp (12g) cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp Splenda
(or another sweetener, more or less to taste)
- 1/4-1/2 tsp xanthan gum
(you can play around with this amount depending on how “fluffy” or volumized you like it) **Key Ingredient**
- pinch of salt (optional)
- Place all ingredients in blender.
- Blend on high for 30s or until smooth and almost tripled in size. (Do not over mix or it will deflate!) *
- Pour into a large bowl, add toppings if desired, and eat with a spoon!
*I sometimes blend mine for less time if I want less volume. It all depends when you are going for, as more blending adds more air into the mixture.
Nutrition for entire recipe (using all strawberries): 6F/20C/31P & 7g fibre (13 Net carbs OR 6.5 Net carbs if serving 2)