From the title you may be able to tell, but this recipe is loaded with dill flavour and a warm cheesy topping! These little Tuna Melts are perfect for a quick dinner when you are in a hurry! They are filling and healthy!
- 1/2 can tuna, shred first with a fork
- 1 tbsp fat-free mayo
- 1 tbsp finely chopped celery
- 1/2 tbsp green onion
- 1/4-1/2 tsp dried dill
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp finely chopped dill pickles
- salt/pepper to taste(Add more pepper then salt, it really makes the recipe!)
- 2 thin slices of tomato
- 2 & 1/2 tbsp shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 whole wheat english muffinDirections: Cut an english muffin in half. Turn your toaster oven on to toast and place the english halves on a baking sheet or straight on the rack to toast until almost to your liking.(If you don't have a toaster oven, feel free to use a toaster). Meanwhile, combine everything except the tomato and cheese in a small bowl and mash together with a fork until well mixed. Take out the almost completely toasted english muffin and top each half with your tuna mixture, then place a tomato slice on each half, sprinkle with a little additional salt/pepper and top with your cheese. Put back in the toaster oven or a regular oven for a minute or two on broil just so the cheese becomes gooey and melted. Take out and place on a plate. Devour! Yum!
*Note: I completely forgot the tomato and realized after making this haha so I can tell you if you don't like tomato it is amazing either way! 🙂
*If you don't like tuna you can sub with chicken!
Nutrition Facts: 30carbs, 5g fat, 25g protein, 2g sugar
So much protein! These will keep you full for a while!