Yes..you read that right! It’s an omelette…but it’s sweet! Who says you can’t have dessert for breakfast? I love all things sweet so I try and make even my savoury dishes a little sweeter. This omelette is packed with fresh blueberries & coconut, lightly sweetened and cooked in delicious coconut oil, topped with white chocolate peanut butter…uh hello, what doesn’t taste good slathered in peanut butter? Try it out!
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup liquid egg whites
- 1/8 tsp vanilla extract
- dash of salt
- 1/2 tsp of sweetener of choice (i usually use splenda for this recipe since it doesn’t need much, but you can also use Truvia or Stevia)
- optional: pinch of cinnamon (I left this out as pretty much all my other meals for today contained cinnamon haha, but it would probably be a great addition!)
- 1/3 cup frozen and thawed or fresh blueberries
- 1 tbsp desiccated or shredded coconut(5g)
- 1/2 tbsp PB & Co White Chocolate Peanut Butter(If you have none then just mix some natural PB with a little sweetener and cinnamon for a yummy topping!)
Directions: In a small frying pan, heat coconut oil over medium heat, meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together your egg whites, salt, vanilla & sweetener/cinnamon. Once the pan is hot, pour in the mixture. Once it starts to become partially cooked, add your blueberries & coconut to one half and cook for another minute or so before flipping. After cooking for another minute, flip the omelette one last time onto it’s other side until lightly browned. During the last few minutes of cooking be sure to add your PB to the top of the omelette so it’s nice and melty! Serve warm and enjoy!
Nutrition Facts: 208 calories, 11g fat, 13g carbs, 15g protein, 2g fibre