GUYS. These Almond Joy Cheesecake Truffles were amazing! So simple to make and they make the perfect dessert, not too big but just the perfect amount of sweetness to fight off any chocolate cravings.
They also store well in the fridge and don’t melt immediately at room temperature which is great! (No mess!)
Some Ingredients I’d Like to Highlight:
- Truvia and Splenda -I have now switched over to only using a monkfruit/erythritol blend sweetener in all of my recipes since originally writing this post. I MUCH prefer the taste and affect it has on the body. I use the SoNourished brand for both granular and powdered sweetener and love it!
- Almond Flour – I use the Kirkland Costco brand of almond flour (I buy it in bulk on Amazon or at Costco itself occasionally) for this recipe. As I’ve noted in many of my past recipes, the brand of almond can affect the final outcome of the recipe because absorbency can vary depending on how the flour has been processed.
Tools I used:
- Camera – I get a lot of questions asking what I take my photos with..I typically use my iphone OR this Nikon Camera (It’s honestly amazing!)
- Nutritional Scale – I’ve used this scale for almost every single recipe on this blog…I’ve had it for over 4 years and it’s still yet to fail me! I only replace the batteries maybe once per year.
Almond Joy Cheesecake Truffles
-1/4 cup(60g) Cream Cheese
-1/2 cup(63g) Almond Flour
-2 tbsp(15g) Flaked or Shredded Unsweetened Coconut
-2 tsp Truvia
-2 tsp Splenda (or to taste)
-1/8 tsp vanilla extract
-1/8 tsp almond extract
-1/16 tsp coconut extract(optional)
-1/16 tsp salt
-10 whole almonds
-1tsp coconut oil
-1/4 cup(60g) sugar-free chocolate chips(I use Krisda)
-Additional shredded coconut
-Finely chopped almonds
-Pinch of sweetener
(Combine on a plate or in a shallow bowl)
1. Combine all base ingredients except the whole almonds until a thick dough forms.
2. Freeze the dough for 5-7min.
3. Roll the dough into 10 small balls, placing an almond in the center of each one.
4. Freeze the dough balls on parchment for 10min.
5. Melt the chocolate-chips and coconut oil in the microwave (1-1:30min), stir until smooth.
6. Dip each ball, using a fork into the chocolate and then coat with the topping mixture.
7. Place the truffles on parchment and repeat with the rest of the the dough.
8. Freeze the truffles until chocolate is set (8-10min).
9. Store in an air-tight container in the fridge or freezer and enjoy your Almond Joy Cheesecake Truffles!
Nutrition (coconut/almond topping not included): 8.5F/2.5C(NET)/2.5P & 3g fibre
Camera I use: Nikon D5100 16.2MP Digital SLR