Keto Lemon Coconut Balls
Servings: 10 lemon coconut balls
- 1/4 cup cream cheese 60g
- 1 tsp 14% sour cream
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- zest from 1/2 a large lemon
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp almond flour 77g
- 2 tsp truvia
- 1 tbsp splenda or to taste
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/16 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup 15g Flaked or Shredded Unsweetened Coconut (Canadians can find it HERE)
- 1 tsp truvia or 1 tbsp of another sweetener
Combine all base ingredients until a thick dough forms.
Freeze the dough for 5-7min.
Mix your coconut and sweetener on a small plate or bowl.
Remove the dough from the freezer and roll it into 10 small balls.
Coat each ball gently in coconut until fully covered.
Place back on a plate and freeze for 30min-1 hour.
Enjoy immediately or store in the fridge or freezer (depending on the texture you prefer) in an air-tight container!
*New* Get Your Customized Keto Diet Plan For 1$
- Store these in an airtight container between layers of parchment paper or a ziplock bag in your fridge for up to 7 days.
- You can also freeze these and store them that way.
Truvia and Splenda - I have now switched over to only using a monkfruit/erythritol blend sweetener in all of my recipes since originally writing this post. I use the SoNourished brand for both granular and powdered sweetener and love it!
(For my Canadian friends, you can purchase monkfruit/erythritol sweetener HERE)
Almond Flour – I use the Kirkland Costco brand of almond flour (I buy it in bulk on Amazon or at Costco itself occasionally) for this recipe.
As I’ve noted in many of my past recipes, the brand of almond can affect the final outcome of the recipe because absorbency can vary depending on how the flour has been processed.
(For my Canadian friends, you can purchase Almond Flour HERE)
Serving: 1lemon coconut ball | Calories: 81kcal | Carbohydrates: 1.4g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 7g | Fiber: 1g