Low Carb Gingerbread Protein Pancakes
- 1/2 tsp molasses adds the classic gingerbread flavour without adding many carbs, you can leave it out if you want but they will be more like spiced pancakes
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4-1/2 tsp ginger more or less to taste
- dash of cloves
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder 28g, I recommend PVL Creamy Vanilla
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tbsp flaxseed meal
- 1/2-1 tsp powdered monkfruit/erythritol or another sweetener to taste
- 3 1/2 tbsp 2% cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup egg whites 60g
- 1 tbsp almond milk 15ml
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
Preheat your oven to the lowest temperature setting and then shut off. Heat a pan over low-medium heat. Spray or grease with oil/butter.
Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl. Blend together all the wet ingredients in a food processor/blender except molasses until smooth. Stir wet ingredients into dry.
Use a ladle to pour batter onto hot pan to form pancake shapes.
Feel free to add a few mini chocolate chips or raisins to your pancakes! Flip after 1-2 minutes on each side. (Look for browning or bubbles coming through.)
Place the finished pancakes into the oven on a plate to keep warm. Repeat until batter is gone. Take out of oven and serve with sugar-free syrup. Enjoy your Low Carb Gingerbread Protein Pancakes!
Calories: 223kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 38g | Fat: 3g | Fiber: 3g