Easy Low Carb Flat Bread
Servings: 1 flat bread
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tbsp almond flour
- 2 tbsp vital wheat gluten do not sub! This is the protein extracted from bread that gives it it's elasticity. It has virtually no carbs and works great in low-carb baking to give items a more traditional feel!
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- pinch of baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tsp parmesan and herb seasoning OR any other seasonings you prefer!
- 2 tbsp + 1 tsp full fat sour cream 65g
- Olive oil optional, for brushing
Preheat oven to 450*F.
Combine all dry ingredients in a small bowl.
Add the sour cream and stir until a dough forms.
Roll the dough into a ball and place on a greased baking sheet.
Roll the dough out to your desired thickness, it will rise just slightly. Roll it thinner if you want a crispier result.
Brush the dough with olive oil and sprinkle any toppings you'd like such as shredded cheese, parmesan etc.
Bake for 5min (or longer for crisper texture), you don't need to flip the bread but you can half-way through if you'd like both sides to be browned. Enjoy your Amazing 8 Min Low Carb Flatbread!
- Almond Flour I use the Kirkland Costco brand of almond flour (I buy it in bulk on Amazon or at Costco itself occasionally). Typically you can find it in a double pack on Amazon for a reduced price.
- Coconut Flour – I also use coconut flour for this recipe. As I’ve noted in many of my past recipes, the brand of almond and coconut flour can affect the final outcome of the recipe because absorbency can vary depending on how the flour has been processed.
- Vital Wheat Gluten – If you have questions about why I include this ingredient, I wrote an entire article on what it is and why I use Vital Wheat Gluten on my keto diet! I also included where to buy it, how many carbs it contains..and how to use it in different kinds of baking.
Tools You Will Need
- Mixing Bowls
- Cookie Sheet
- Low Carb Substitution Guide – This is totally optional but if you like my recipes, I now have a $5 guide available with all of the substitutions I use to create every recipe on my site. You can use this to convert old traditional recipes and create new keto recipes! You can purchase it here and/or read more if you are interested. I appreciate your support so much guys!
- Nutritional Food Scale – AKA my best friend. This little buddy has been with me for over 4 years and never fails. Perfect measurements and only needs the batteries replaced maybe once a year!
Nutrition for the whole Amazing 8 Min Low Carb Flatbread: 17g fat | 7g NET carbs | 20g protein
Nutrition for half the Amazing 8 Min Low Carb Flatbread: 8.5g fat | 3.5g NET carbs | 10g protein (This is a perfect serving as it's quite filling!)
- Add more sour cream if you find the dough too dry.
- Feel free to switch-up the spices if you prefer!
- Roll your flat bread thinner for a crispier final product
- Store this bread in a ziplock bag at room temperature for up to 2 days OR freeze and thaw for a future snack.
- Re-heat by microwaving between a slightly damp piece of paper towel to bring back some softness to the bread.
Serving: 1flatbread | Calories: 261kcal | Fat: 17g | Protein: 20g | Carbohydrates: 7g