Here we go again with another Christmas cookie recipe! This time it’s starting to feel more appropriate, considering today we received our first snowfall of the year! It’s still only early November but I’m already ready to bring out the hot chocolate and start listening to some Michael Buble and Mariah Carey, haha. Continue reading “Perfect Almond Shortbread Cookies-Keto”
It’s that time of year..the end of October means bye Halloween, bye fall, bye pumpkin spice…and HELLO CHRISTMAS COOKIES, SNOWMEN, ELVES AND HOT CHOCOLATE.
But with that said, I thought I’d wave one last goodbye to our lovely pumpkin spice season (this is not at all because I had an extra can of pumpkin puree I needed to use up..) So without further ado, here is our last official pumpkin recipe of the 2018 year. I hope you enjoy! Continue reading “Keto Pumpkin Chocolate-Chip Muffins”
Well, here I am again with yet another pumpkin recipe…and yet another truffle recipe. I honestly love the ease of not having to bake dessert. No-bake is the WAY TO GO when you are as lazy as I am.
These little things are tasty, not difficult to put together and are a life-savour when it comes to drowning in Halloween treats full of carbs and sugar and other scary ingredients…(see what I did there? 😉 )
They are not overly sweet and are the perfect balance between soft and crunchy with the delicious cheesecake style filling and chocolate-coconut coating on the outside!
I hope you enjoy them as much as we did! Continue reading “Keto No-Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake Truffles”
Fall is coming!! This means…apples, cinnamon, warm cozy sweaters, children in cute Halloween attire, changing leaves and last but certainly not least..the beginning of pumpkin spice EVERYTHING.
Being on a keto diet does not mean you have to miss out on these trends. With these 20 delicious, decadent fall dessert recipes..you are bound to wow yourself and others (even those non-keto family members who refuse anything without a half a cup of sugar thrown into it, haha).
These are some hand-picked recipes including some of my own favourite creations along with those from several of my favourite keto blogs. I hope you enjoy them all as much as I do!
Continue reading “20 Keto Fall Desserts You NEED TO TRY”
Halloween is one of my favourite times of the year for several reasons…
- I get to dress up and use my creative skills to create make-up looks I’d NEVER wear normally.
- I get to bake all sorts of fun and cool looking desserts..
- I get to hand out candy (I love seeing all the kids in their costumes!) and…
- It’s always right around my birthday!
So with that in mind, I was inspired to create the PERFECT cake for those people who have October birthdays or for those just looking to bring something delicious and keto-friendly to their next Halloween get-together! Did I mention it’s also super easy to put together and tastes like fudgey-chocolatey-cheesecake happiness? If you don’t believe me..give it shot for yourself!
Cream Cheese Layer:
- 1 8oz block of cream cheese, softened
- 1 tbsp truvia (or 2 tbsp splenda or swerve)
- 3 tbsp splenda or swerve (or more to taste)
- 1 egg
- 1/8th tsp vanilla extract
- Orange food colouring as needed
- Pre-heat oven to 350*F
- In a large bowl, combine all of your dry ingredients for the brownie layer.
- Add your eggs, coconut oil and vanilla and mix until well combined. Fold in your chocolate-chips if using, and set aside.
- In another large bowl, beat together the ingredients for the cream cheese layer. Add your food colouring as desired and beat again.
- Grease a cake pan with butter or coconut oil and then use a spatula to scrape the brownie mixture into the pan, reserving a few tablespoons of the brownie mixture for topping.
- Use your spatula to smooth the brownie batter into place and then pour your cream cheese mixture on top.
- Gently smooth your cream cheese mixture over the brownie mixture.
- Next drop spoonfuls of the brownie batter on top and swirl into the cream cheese batter(this doesn’t have to be perfect!)
- Bake at 350* for roughly 25min or until a toothpick comes out clean and the top layer forms small cracks/is set.
- Let cool on a wire rack for 5-10min and then place in the fridge for AT LEAST an hour before slicing and serving.
- Enjoy!! (Store covered in the fridge)
Nutrition per 1/8th of cake: 320cals| 30g of fat | 1.4g of NET carbs | 8g of protein | 3.4g of fibre
(You could easily cut this into smaller slices for half the calories, it is very filling!)
Super easy to put together, only takes a minute to bake and can be defined as the ultimate keto comfort food. Who doesn’t love a good chocolate-chip cookie?!
Continue reading “Microwave Chocolate-Chip Cookie For One”
Guys, let’s be real today. I know I will not win any awards for the best photography skills with this post but honestly, it’s not easy to take a photo of something in a bowl, let me tell you. Especially when your Nikon camera of years decides to spontaneously call it quits and all you’re left with is your Iphone 7 camera which honestly probably has cocoa powder or something on the lens considering the amount of baking I do around it…but any-who, this recipe I promise tastes better than it looks. It’s super simple to make and makes an easy dessert for later. (I typically just make it in the morning and then leave it in the fridge until I’m ready to eat it for dessert in the evening). It’s the perfect small fix for any chocolate craving..
Continue reading “Keto Microwave Fudge Brownie for One”
These baked donuts were fantastic! They are super soft and moist with a sweet, light pumpkin flavour. A perfect fall breakfast treat.
Continue reading “Keto Chocolate Pumpkin Donuts”